Orphan Black Poster by Me
Proof once again that Orphan Black fan artists are the best fan artists.
More #CloneClub art here.
Lev Grossman (via mycrofts)
This is a thing that a lot of people don’t understand about fanfiction. It’s not slavishly worshipful, it’s often critical, and it’s often transformative.
Books in Wes Anderson movies
Artist Transforms a Pile of Trash into a Mind-Bending Anamorphic IllusionFrench artist Bernard Pras creates artwork using a technique called anamorphosis, a distorted projection or perspective requiring the viewer to use special devices to see the complete artwork.His latest project on exhibit at Palais Idéal du Facteur Cheval, near Lyon, France is a portrait of Ferdinand Cheval (a French postman who spent thirty-three years of his life building Le Palais idéal in Hauterives), made up of various objects found around the installation site which requires being viewed from a specific vantage point to reconstitute the image.More here.
so this just happened
This totes happened. Leslie is thrilled.
hello!! i am giving away 8 proof copies of my debut novel, Solitaire, to people on tumblr, for free!!!!!!!!! it will be signed and i am going to doodle in all of them. just reblog this post to be in with a chance of winning. you don’t even have to follow me if you don’t want to.
here are some pics and the official blurb, and the details + closing date are at the bottom:
the doodles WILL be crappy because i’ll just draw whatever, but hopefully they’ll look something like this:
In case you’re wondering, this is not a love story.
My name is Tori Spring. I like to sleep and I like to blog. Last year – before all that stuff with Charlie and before I had to face the harsh realities of A-Levels and university applications and the fact that one day I really will have to start talking to people – I had friends. Things were very different, I guess, but that’s all over now.
Now there’s Solitaire. And Michael Holden.
I don’t know what Solitaire are trying to do, and I don’t care about Michael Holden.
I really don’t.
- the closing date for reblogs will be 9am GMT on Friday 11th July (this is a little earlier to the twitter and instagram ones so i don’t get overloaded with work and i know how fast things go viral on tumblr)
- i’ll deliver to anywhere, as long as the postage is under £10. i’m from the UK if that helps!
- this is a PROOF COPY of solitaire - it doesn’t have the fluorescent orange spine or embossing and there are a few typos here and there. the official release date for the book is the 31st july in the UK, and it’s being published by HarperCollins!
- i’m giving one away on instagram - just like it to enter! this is a very special one as the book will be annotated throughout. finishes 18/7
- also giving one away on Twitter! also finishes 18/7
- the books will be signed by me and i’m doodling in them. i’m thinking the doodles will be character specific (aka there will be a tori book and a michael book and a becky book and a charlie book etc) but we’ll see.
- might have a cheeky look at your blog and write you a cute personal message too because i love you
good luck everyone!
Definitely interested, especially after reading more on goodreads: “This incredible debut novel by outstanding young author Alice Oseman is perfect for fans of John Green, Rainbow Rowell and all unflinchingly honest writers” :)
MIT’s Tangible Media is coming along nicely,
"Almost like a table of living clay, the inFORM is a surface that three-dimensionally changes shape, allowing users to not only interact with digital content in meatspace, but even hold hands with a person hundreds of miles away. And that’s only the beginning."
handjobs of the future